My curls have given me quite a tough time throughout my life and I have suffered a lot because of them especially during my teenage years. However for the last 3 years, I have found some relief to this problem. I researched this issue and found some curly hair care tips that have actually improved my hair’s condition.
Before following any curly hair care advice, you need to realize one very important thing: be thankful for the hair you have and accept it. Once you are at peace with your curls, you need to start taking care of them. Curly hair care requires four important tools:
- A comb
- Excellent quality shampoo and conditioner
- Olive, coconut or olive oil
- Leave-in conditioner or hair smoothening gel
Get hold of these tools and when you have them, you need to practice these tips on a regular basis:
- Comb your hair softly at least three or four times a day; be very gentle when you are combing as harsh combing can cause your curls to split, become brittle and break.
- Apply olive, coconut, or mustard oil to your hair and massage your hair softly. Leave the oil in your hair for four hours if your hair is oily but if it is dry, you can leave it in your hair overnight. Oil will soften your curls and make them silkier.
- Wash your hair at least twice a week; washing it three times is fine too but try not to wash it every day as that will make your curls dry & brittle. Moreover, condition your hair after shampooing; apply the conditioner to your tips and smooth out your hair when you condition it. Do not leave the conditioner in your hair for more than 5 minutes. After that, wash your hair with cold water; avoid washing your curls with warm water as it will adversely affect your hair.
- After you shampoo your hair, apply a hair smoothening gel to your hair before styling it. If your curls are extremely rough you can also use a leave-in conditioner, it will keep your hair moist and smooth throughout the day.
Make these useful curly hair care tips a part of your routine and very soon you’ll get curls you have always dreamt of.