|Are You a First Time CURLS Customer? Take 15% OFF of Your First Order.... Enter Coupon Code - new2curls At Checkout. NOTE: the coupon code box is located on the right hand side of the checkout page. Coupon code MUST be entered at checkout. Adjustments will not be made after checkout process is complete.|
CURLS for Women
Curly Q’s for Kids
CURLS for Babies
Beat the Summer Hair Blues - Tips to Properly Care for Your Curly Hair
By Mahisha Dellinger
Our favorite time of year is finally here – Summer! With it comes the daily assault of taxing chlorine compounds, drying sea salt, and damaging sun rays – not to mention all of the havoc we wreck on our angel’s hair from daily styling fax pas.
Chlorine and salt water both dry, discolor, and damage hair. Chlorine binds to the hair, filling in gaps in the hair shaft. Mineral deposits in salt water make hair brassy and brittle. Both severely dehydrate hair. Imagine how these elements affect delicate, kinky or curly hair which tends to be much drier than straight hair. It is imperative that you
(1) take preventative steps to avoid damaged, lifeless hair,
(2) moisturize your hair on a daily basis to restore moisture balance, and
(3) take the time to incorporate a quality summer hair care regime.
Here are a few summertime tips that will keep damaged, split, brittle, frizzy hair away, so you and your angel can enjoy the summer without worry.
Summer Hair Care Tips:
1. Before you enter a pool, lake, ocean, or any body of water, drench your hair with water and apply a coat of conditioner to the hair. This water/conditioner mixture will fill up the gaps in your hair shaft and act as a barrier from the chlorinated water. Follow up with a little club soda; it makes for a good post-pool rinse. I recommend wearing a swim cap as often as possible. Although most hate wearing them for many reasons - it’s uncomfortable, unattractive, or it never stays on, etc. - using a cap that securely protects the hair is always the best option.
2. Over-shampooing and under-conditioning is a common culprit to dry and frizzy hair…especially in the summer months. Shampooing more than 1x a week is not recommended. On "shampoo-less" days, simply do a conditioning rinse - rinse hair to remove styling products (this is when using the right products that are water soluble come in). Apply an ample amount of CURLS Conditioner, comb through, rinse, and proceed with styling. Doing so will pump much needed moisture back into your hair without stripping away essential nutrients, rinse away unnecessary dirt and oil, and give you a fresh, clean start.
3. Avoid products that contain synthetic oils such as mineral and/or petrolatum oil, as they further dehydrate your hair. Also avoid products that contain drying alcohol, such as hair spray, mousse and some gels. Instead, opt for a finishing lotion.
4. Pay special attention to the ends of your hair; after all, they are the oldest part of the hair. Mix a bit of a conditioner with a natural oil, apply, and comb through ends; leave in for extra protection.
5. Hydrate your curls DAILY...this is very important! Quenched Curls moisturizer is an excellent moisturizer! It softens the hair, eases comb ability, moisturizes and conditions, preps it for the next step, and leaves a little goodness behind. Use this daily, under any styling product you use. Consider this your "underwear for your hair.
For more hair care tips and CURLS pduct information visit http:www.curls.biz
I ordered the Curls shampoo, moisturizer and milkshake about a 3 weeks ago. I especially love the Curls shampoo. It gives my curly hair definition they look great. I received alot of good compliments. I never really thought there were curly hair products that really work.Thank you, Cherri
Whipped Cream is the Holy Grail of curly hair products. It's exactly what I've been looking for to define my curly hair without the CRUNCH. Oh...and it smells spectacular. Thanks so much!E. Delgado
I love the Radiant Ringlet Curls Gloss for my daughter's natural twists! It gives her hair a fabulous sheen and gives her twists a little bounce.Sibylla Nash
Two weeks ago I used moist curls and curls custard for the first time on my bi-racial daughter's curly hair. Success...for the first time ever...her curls lay down in spirals on her shoulders instead of poofing away from her head.P.Dupree
CURLS Celebrity Friends
Places to buy CURLS
- SAN FRANCISCO, CA - Sassy Salon 704 Chenery St - 415.587-8087
- MONTGOMERY, AL- Hair Plus- 504 W. Fairview Ave 334.263.6800
- MEMPHIS, TN - Fashion Express Beauty -1119 S. Bellevue Blvd 901.775.0755
- DOUGLASVILLE, GA- Sunny's Beauty - 8497 Hospital Drive - 404.294.6633
- FREE Samples of our hair products with any purchase.
- Earn CURLS Points with Every Order!
- Helpful Website for People with Naturally Curly Hair
- Cocktail with Curls – Help us celebrate our Walmart launch!
- Curlybiz.com- One Stop Shop for Curly Hair Products
- Did you see the Essence Street Style Hair
- Twist and CURL with CURLS!
- Mowhawk Monday! Who is bold enough to rock their curls like this?
- Healthy Hair Top 10 Foods
- Go BOLD without your Curls!
- Curls Presents Successful Business Strategies
- Curly Nikki has launched her 1st book!